Thursday, February 7, 2008

Easy Week....

I did not have to make as many lunches this week, which is good because I have been really tired all week. Monday was super easy as everyone had leftover pizza ( carryout) from Superbowl Sunday. Here is a lunch that came back home. Ramen noodles with a few frozen meatballs and green beans tossed in, a orange and crackers. My oldest ended up helping at school and recieved a free lunch. It still was eaten by someone later in the day. My 2nd DS usually works 2-3 days a week in the cafeteria and eats free on those days.

Egg salad on a bun, pretzels, carrots, and a graham cracker with peanut butter and chocolate chunks.

DH took asian noodles minus the onions and with extra chicken. On the other days he toook potato soup or hamburger helper. He also takes fruit every day.

On the day that both boys needed lunch they took leftover asian noodles and apples.
DD did not need lunch on Wednesday because she has a cooking class at whole foods in the afternoon and they eat at class.
I have asked my kids if there are any days they would like to have a school lunch to try and see if they feel like they are missing anything. The oldest who is in highschool does not like the cafeteria food except for the pizza and he says the lunches are to small at school. DS2 works 3 days a weeks in the cafeteria just to be with his friends and says thats plenty for him. I'm glad because school lunches are 2.50 and both of my oldest find them to small. My oldest who is the skinniest kid in the whole highschool can eat a incredible amount of food these days :)




4 comments:

The Proverbs Wife said...

I think it is so wonderful that you prepare lunch for your family.

Without even trying you cause them to think about you during the day even when they are away. I thik this is so special.

I love visiting your blog just to see what you have put together. You pictures give me much inspiration in the kithcen.

Thanks for posting and for visiting my blog.

Maggie said...

Hadias- Thank you. I have had a rough week and your compliment is much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Would you be willing to share your recipe for the Asian noodles, or was it from a mix?

Southerner said...

I just found your blog and am awed at the presentation. I home school and am feeling really bad that our lunches are thrown together. I have two in high school and a hubbie that need lunches to go so I am inspired to do better! What are the containers in the photos? Is it tupperware or something else? Is it expensive? Don't mean to pry I would just love some of these but would not want to spend a lot of money.
Thank you for showing us so many ways to make it more special.
holly @ dhdearmon@gmail.com