Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tuesday

Trying to use up some produce today. We had Shanghai noodles for dinner last night and I have a lot of the pasta left but it did not have much chicken or veggies left after we were done. Its still flavorful and made a good base for some smoked sausage cooked with some fresh spinach and garlic. This is what I had for lunch also and it was really good. DD has the pasta with granola, strawberries and some gummy bunnies.




DS1 had the last of the chicken and veggies in his pasta with granola (with a few jelly beans), applesauce and carrots. DS2 is working in the cafeteria today.

DH is having the sausage,spinach and pasta, mandarin oranges and strawberries and granola. He carries almonds in his lunchbox and will also take ice tea.
My older 2 children do not take beverages to school with them. They used to take water bottles but they would rather drink at the water fountain than be bothered to carry a bottle. They also get pop at school sometimes for helping a teacher or volunteering in the cafeteria. I tried powdered gatorade in a pop top bottle for awhile but they just did not care about it so I don't do it any more. I try to check once in awhile for dissatisfaction with packing lunches but they prefer packing. Since my oldest is in high school I was sure he would want to start buying lunches but he only likes the pizza and General Tsos chicken at the school and says he would need 2 of them to be full.

No comments: