Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I'm behind in posting..(also on spring break)

I am behind in posting lunches but here are a few from last week in no particular order.



Leftover red beans and rice with fritos, oranges, girl scout cookies and a cut up fruit leather. This was a lunch for one of the boys.







Freezer enchildas over rice with black beans and sour cream.













DD has a enchilada over rice, cut up veggies, almonds with craisens and a homemade cheerio bar.












DD helped to use up some of the salads I had made for DH's lunches. Here is some tuna and curry chicken salads with veggies and mandarin oranges.


We are on spring break now and I did not make a menu this week. So we are eating out of the pantry and freezer and not worrying about lunchboxes this week. See you all next week!

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I absolutely love these ideas for lunches. Where did you get the containers?

Raquel said...

ok when the kiddos take food to school do they have aspot to warm it up? my kids would love to take nechiladas to school but they would be cold by lunch!

Maggie said...

Sharon- I use Mr Bento food jars, Laptop lunches, pyrex and misc. garage sale containers. I bought the Mr. Bento at Amazon.com and the laptop lunch has a website.

Raquel- They do have access to a microwave. The round containers are from a Mr. Bento which can be packed hot but all the food in it would have to be hot so I just pack everything cold and let them heat up the entree. It would be harder they did not have that option.