Tuesday, October 16, 2007


This is supposed to be a kitty. My husband could only picture a lobster but my daughter thought it was cute. It was really just a snack because we were out running errands in the morning and she loaded up on samples at Whole Foods. She still likes to eat during her break so I made this when we got back.

Lunch for DH and DD. I was making both right before the time DD was about to eat so I just put the soup in a side cup. If I was packing ahead it would need to go in one of the main cups that has a lid. These were use'em up lunches. DD had a salad with feta, chicken, olives, dressing some of the soup I made for DH and some M&M's


DH's soup was a bean soup made with a can of white beans, a brat sausage and some cooked chicken with seasoning. I needed to use of the last of the salad mix and there is always a big pile shredded carrots in the bottom that I added to the soup.


I think this lunch was from Friday. I made it while I was making breakfast for the older 2 kids. They leave before she wakes up. Banana pancakes, bacon, strawberries and pineapple and pretzels with M&M's



Lunch for the older 2. Burritos from the freezer, salad, chips and salsa




Mexican rice with black beans and cheese, corn bread, grapes and M&M's



I want to get back to posting these everyday, instead of doing it every few days, its easier to keep track of what I made when.

5 comments:

Nico said...

Yummy lunches. You've been getting me motivated to stock my freezer with easy lunch meals. Great job :)

Anonymous said...

All of these look so yummy and fun. I love the kitty!
Catherine

Anonymous said...

Hi-

I just received my laptop lunch system and created what I thought where the most awesome lunches for me and hubby. Well---the containers that do not have lids got really, really messy- and stuff kinda went everywhere. Since you seem to be on a pro on this- can you offer me any advice to keep everything in it's spot! Thanks Ann-Marie

Maggie said...

When I pack for my daughter, she usually eats lunch at home so I don't have to worry about her to much but if we have to transport it or when I pack for the boys I only put liquid/wet foods in the lidded containers. Stuff like salads will still be pretty if you really fill them so much they have no room to move so when you close the lid they are packed tight. You can order extra containers if you need a second lidded container ( I know that could get expensive)Sometimes I take the cups out and wrap the food and put it where the containers would go. I can pack a small wrap in the larger container but if I make a big wrap then I would wrap it in saran wrap and place directly in the box. I hope that helps :) If its wet, it will need a lid, other then that pack it tight.

The Proverbs Wife said...

I want to come eat at your house. I love your presentation. You are very organized. I've never been to this blog I always visit erratichomamaker. What a gem of a blog I found today.