Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Monday and Tuesday

Monday- Hummus and pita bread, Greek chopped salad and fruit















Tuesday- Meat and cheese with crackers, vegetables with curry dip, chocolate pudding with chocolate chunks and bananas with berries. The curry dip is the dressing for the chicken salad for tonights dinner. The chocolate pudding is just from one of those snack packs from my cheap/ free after coupon stash with a few chocolate chunks on top. I did splurge this week by buying a pach each of raspberries and blueberries since they will be gone soon and my daughter loves them. The boys don't like berries so they will probably last all week.





4 comments:

a soldier's wife said...

Do you have the recipe for the greek chopped salad anywhere on your blogs? I'd love to have it for my daughter and I. We love the pasta salad recipe that you posted months ago and it's still one of our favorites :)

Maggie said...

For the chopped salad I combined chopped cucumber, tomato (seeded) and a few black olives and mixed it with some crumbled feta cheese. I just added a little oil and lemon juice and salt and pepper. I mixed it all together but it will look prettier if you add the feta just before serving. If I would have had any red onion or kalamata olives I would have used those. My husband loved this on top of a hamburger. HTH

Esther said...

Wow, beauitful lunches! What type of containers do you use? Mine disappear of break like hot cakes!

Maggie said...

Esther- I bought a laptop lunchbox from their site, but the smaller boxes came from a garage sale.